Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Day Brief Thoughts

The Dems are taking congress at this point, which I believe is the right path. A resounding plus 35 seats. A switch was desperately needed.

The Senate is still in the balance but sadly at this moment, Harold Ford, is conceding. This is an excellent man and politician who was smeared with an awful ad by his opponent.

This is a man that still might have a chance to be the First African American president. He has charisma, a stance, and a youth. But sadly, he was running in Tennessee... He has a great quote, "I love this country more than I love this process."





Here's the ad that may have turned the election, yet he only lost 51-48 percent:



I don't understand how California is a blue state but votes in Schwarzenegger again. I don't care if he's the Terminator. He's a Republican. Can't someone take him down in this state? Arnold had some great quotes in victory speech. He opened with "I love doing sequels." And then has the most broad idioticism message which is entailed, "I will protect your values and I will protect your dreams." What the fuck does that mean?

It is sad that we live in a country where the true philanderer Schwarnegger gets reelected and a good man like Ford loses. Ford will be back.

Here's some good Ford on video in a debate:

No comments: