Want to read something quite fascinating on something that seems infinitely snooze-worthy? mental_floss has an article on the brief history of the Adopt-A-Highway program. Image above from BuzzFeed post of 30 Strange Adopt-a-Highway Signs.
Although it's a bit dated, Vulture has excellent slideshow list of 14 Music Video Directors to Watch with clips linked for each. Somewhere in there is out next Spike Jonze or Michel Gondry that will be taking film into a previously unimaginable dimension. Seems like a couple are already doing it after watching some of their clips.
And here's the quickfire link fest:
- Malcolm Gladwell Book generator. Speaks for itself.
- Cracked posted a quick little piece on 6 Subtle Ways You're Getting Screwed at the Grocery Store.
- Did you know Jake Plummer left football so he could drink beer all day, play handball, and live in Idaho? Thanks to this lengthy Sports Illustrated profile now you do.
- AP reports on the Activision with the big news being no more Guitar Heros. Guess they couldn't one-up with the Rock Band keytar.
- Even though Hollywood Video doesn't exist any longer, some ex-customers are getting exorbitant late fees from its commercial grave. (/Film)
- Here's something you probably never thought about: Is sex is space safe? Also from The Atlantic Wire, can the rebooted Beavis and Butthead succeed in 2011?
- Fred Durst to direct movie starring Paul Walker called Pawn Shop Chronicles. For some reason this makes complete sense. (FirstShowing)
- Have you heard of Gotca Falls? Seems to be no one did until this wonder was stumbled upon in 2006 in Peru. (Slate)
- Wouldn't it be nice to James Cameron? In 2010, he made approximately $250 million dollars. (Cinematical)
- How Steven Seagal is ruling MMA. (Bleacher Report)
There's you old pal Steve.