Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Read Something: Nicholas Cage, Zach Galifianakis & Twilight


The definitive career trajectory of Nicolas Coppola and how he turned into Nicolas Cage in timeline format (NYMag) Still, I want to Cage in Werner Herzog's kinda remake Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.

It's list time! GQ's Best Coffee in America List. A perfect caffeine fueled road trip is in order. Don't forget Top 25 American Pizza Pies, which I don't necessarily agree with. (GQ)



GQ also has an excellent feature interview with the Zach Galifianakis that is a very interesting read.  The interview is not available online at the moment but it's in the Nov 09 issue where Betty Draper is wearing a leather jacket and showing off the goods.  The interview is quite intimate and quite thoughtful.  The whole story is well written by Devin Friedman.

Galifianakis talks about possible retirement:
As far as, like quitting...it's hard to have a normal life in the business. I'd like to have kids and sit around them and let them run around in the woods.  Just not have to go anywhere. Watch them grow up. Maybe shoot at them.
Both GQ and Esquire have entertainment columnists making fun of the Vampire trend with the impending release and air wave takeover of waifish teenage vampires in the coming weeks. I guess I will read articles that agree with my opinions on this trend but I will not give in and test one of the products.  Although I do feel slightly lost in pop culture without having seen the first Twi... I can't even type it.


No comments: