Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We're Allllll Devo





I may not blog about it much but I have a deep affinity for the music of Devo. You could say I'm devoted to DEVO. HA HA. They are not just those "Whip It" guys with the gunky red step hats. They truly are pioneers, or as one of their collections is called Pioneers Who Got Scalped (a good way to acquaint yourselves with their wares).

People who know me know of my Devo-tion. I have all of their albums, and especially their DVDs including Devo - Live In The Land Of The Rising and the comprehensive collection of these pioneers amazing music video output on Devo: The Complete Truth About De-Evolution.

So why bring up this "outdated" old 80's shit (that nobody cares about)? Well, first off I definitely fucking care as you can see. There is plenty of hot DEVO news via Pitchfork:

"For the first time in the history of this earth, new wave nutballs Devo will perform their classic 1978 Brian Eno-produced debut, Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! , in its entirety live in concert. Front to back, 'Mongoloid', '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction', 'Jocko Homo' and the rest. "

I never knew that Eno produced it but that makes sense. Mothersbaugh & co. will also be releasing their first album in almost two decades so keep an ear an out.

Are we not men???

No comments: