Saturday, February 24, 2007

Where are the posts? (Reading, Judge Dredd, Numero 23 is finally released)

I haven't been busy I've just been lazy. And I have been reading. I finally finished Dave Eggers' "What is the What?" Eggers wrote this autobiography of the horrifying trials and tribulations in the life of Valentino Achak Deng in his native Sudan inter cut from his perspective of now living in Atlanta.

and then...



You should probably go watch Judge Dredd. Some might dread it (HA HA) but not me. That's what I'm doing right now. It's even funnier on TNT, "wipe their asses" was replaced with "wipe their noses" and Stallone just blew up 10 guys and then "judged" Rob Scneider. I was just thinking that more actresses should have been in Stallone's futuristic flicks of the 90s. Then they would be some of the most sought after actresses in Hollywood right now. Sandra Bullock was his partner in Demolition Man. Diane Lane was his partner in Judge Dredd. I am the law!!

Even in the comparison of these awful roles, Diane Lane is 10 times the actress Bullock will ever be just as she is now.

Side note: There is a zoom zoom commercial on. I might get a zoom zoom.

On Rotten Tomatoes there is only one major current release with a lower rating than Norbit's 9% positive rating, that is (drumroll please) The Number 23, my pick of release of the week, with an 8% positive rating.

Jan Stuart in Newsday says that the title "gives a rough estimate of the years it will take stars Jim Carrey and Virginia Madsen to live it down."

And for article of the week, check out Time Magazine's"Has Jim Carrey Flipped Out?" which attempts to show Carrey's reasoning through interview of why he would make such an obviously utter piece of shit. According to the writer, Carrey has become enlightened. Enjoy.

Joel Schumacher SUCKS (Director of the epic thrillers The Number 23 & Phone Booth)
IMDB Summary of The Number 23
Wikipedia History of Judge Dredd

No comments: