Monday, February 05, 2007

First in Thirst : Is it in you?

First in Thirst is a very interesting book by former ESPN Business correspondent now CNBC sports guy Darren Rovell. It's a history of Gatorade, something that interests me a lot. The book is less than 200 pages and a very quick read. It's more interesting than it sounds and it goes through a lot of the flavor history and Gatorade's rise from its college football sideline inception to the must have sideline status symbol.

Mr. Rovell also has a Gatorade blog. It's latest points of discussions had intrigued and made me a laugh a little. Gatorade has silently released a new product called Gatorade AM. It is Gatorade in more palpable morning flavors like orange-strawberry, tropical mango, and cranberry-raspberry that "helps you put back the fluids and energy you lose during a full night's sleep."



Side Note: They should redo the Strawberry Fierce Gatorade flavor. It is god awful.

Interesting thought I've never had a time where I couldn't drink classic Lemon Lime Gatorade. 2 AM, 5 AM, 9 AM, noon, 6PM you can give me Lemon-Lime. I can attest to the "5 bottles of Gatorade of day does a body good" from personal experience.

Check back tomorrow for my very important Dunkin' Donuts story.

No comments: